PERU AND TURKEY REACH AN AGREEMENT WITH REGARD TO COMMON VISA WAIVER
24.05.2013
VICE CHANCELLOR OPENS THE FORUM “PERU – EUROPEAN UNION: FROM THE TRADE AGREEMENT TO EFFECTIVE BUSINESS”
19.06.2013

PARTICIPATION OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC TO 7TH SUMMIT OF PACIFIC ALLIANCE

The President of the Republic, Ollanta Humala Tasso, is participating in Cali, Colombia, to the seventh summit of Pacific Alliance along with presidents of Colombia, Chile and Mexico, also,  attended by the Presidents or Heads of Government of the following States: Costa Rica, Canada, Guatemala and Spain, as well as senior representatives of New Zealand, Australia, Panama, Uruguay and Japan, all of which are observer countries of the aforementioned integration mechanism .

At its first intervention, President OllantaHumala said that “the great challenge of the Latin America is to close the break of inequality.We are not the poorest region in the world, perhaps we are the most unequal region on the planet. This break we have to close urgesus to use other tools, public policies, decisions of the state where integration plays an important role. ”

Regarding the Pacific Alliance, President stressed that the agreements that were signed recently are an objective reality, but also a hope for the future, highlighting successful innovations during exchanges of scholars, the signature of the Cooperation Fund Agreement, the total reduction of rates, the abolition of visas for tourists and businessmen and labor of Company’s Council, which confirms to the Pacific Alliance “begins, as we say in Peru, with the right foot.”

Elimination of all rate lines, with 90%, effective immediately and the remaining 10% with final waveform, will boost trade exchange, generating new productive chains and a better networking among the companies sectors, enhancing access to offers market, Peruvian exportable assets and attracting greater investment.

In the first working session of the Member States of the Summit, Trustees of Pacific Alliance, dedicated to review the objectives achieved by negotiation and exchange views regarding issues of this integration process and also the topics relating to processes joining other new countries, greater cooperation between the migratory authorities, proposals to establish joint Diplomatic and Consular Missions and trade promotion events, future intentions of the Alliance.

In this framework, the President Humala praised the work of Companies Council and its importance in the economic development of countries, underlying the initiatives arising from participation in social and skill projects.

The afternoon session, was attended by observer countries, whose senior representatives from those countries exchanged views on the Alliance and their expectations concerning the integration process.

Later, President Humala attended, along with his counterparts, at a particular segment of Enterprise Meeting of Pacific Alliance in which participants had a conversation with this event participants, representatives of Alliance business sector.

At the end of the summit, the Presidents of the Pacific Alliance signed the Declaration from Cali, reflecting discussions, agreements and their commissions.

Lima, May 23, 2013.